"Mysteries lie all around us, even in the most familiar things, waiting to be perceived" -Bullock

My photo
Hi! My name is Erica and I am a photographer from Boston who loves taking pictures of weddings, kids, families, you name it. This blog is a great place to keep up on what I have been up to, from my latest shoots, to my random adventures. I want to thank all the people that support my dreams and help them come true. Thank you to all of the couples who have included me in their special day. I have been so lucky to have the coolest clients on the planet, and couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you so much for visiting!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 22, 2008

    Ever After: Savannah & Jay

    "You are totally at ISO 6400, aren't you" Savannah asked while we were taking pictures of her and Jay in there hotel room at the Hyatt in Cambridge at the end of the night. Savannah is also a photographer which made me laugh as she is an old pro and knew what I was up to the whole wedding. It also ensured that the pictures were of extreme importance, made obvious when we traveled from Somerville to the North End in the middle of the reception to get a few formal shots. It was totally worth it!!

    Here are my favorites from the night:











    I called this shot an "uncle bob". Let me explain.... So usually photographers are not allowed to use flash during the ceremony, but some very lucky times a guest will be taking a picture using their flash (the guest is my "uncle bob") at the same time I'm shooting from another angle, and their flash creates a backlighting situation. This shot is a great example:
    The beautiful North End :)
    The old ball and chain on top of their cake!


    This last shot was taken at about 1:30 a.m. when we finally called it a night. And what a good night it was :)

    2 comments:

    1. WOW, Erica! These are ALL beautiful!!! I LOVE the last one!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. These are beautiful Erica! I especially love the dress shot and the last image. It is always a great feeling when you reach deep down for that last bit of energy and come up with an image like that.

      ReplyDelete

    comments make me smile :)